Research Manager


Naila is the Research Manager at Research ICT Africa where she will dedicating 60% of her time in project and content management and the other 40% on project delivery. Currently, she is actively working of research projects for the African Development Bank, Regional Academic Network on IT Policy (RANITP), British High Commission and the National Planning Commission of South Africa. The geographic scope of these projects is Sub-saharan Africa and the research topics vary from the Fourth Industrial Revolution, to Digital Economy, Artificial Intelligence, Digital Futures, Cybersecurity and Open telecom data.

Over the last 9 years, she was employed by Frost&Sullivan as a senior industry analyst and developed extensive experience of the telecommunications industry across Sub-Saharan African countries. The scope of projects that she has researched and reported on have focused on market analysis and sizing; competitive and strategic environment analysis; market entry strategies, spectrum and regulatory issues and commercial due diligence. She has recently completed a project highlighting the regulatory changes in the SA ICT landscape while determining opportunities for the communication service providers. Other recent project include: 5G Opportunities for the Middle East Region, the objective of which was to highlight the key cases that can beneficiate from a 5G network; African ICT Infrastructure Evolution: Opportunity on the Horizon report which provided a deeper understanding of the leading trends and developments in the fibre, data centre and tower markets across South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Tanzania; and the due diligence analysis for cloud computing market in West Africa.