Research ICT Africa conducts research on digital policy and regulation that facilitates evidence-based policy making for improved access, use and application of ICT for sustainable development in Africa and in the Global South and we are looking for a Research Manager to join our team!
Key responsibilities of the job include:
Research management and leadership (50%)
- Lead and co-ordinate public interest research projects for evidence-based ICT policy and regulation.
- Develop/operate effective systems for research management (including online systems)
- Develop working relationships with Research Managers in sister networks
- Initiate new research projects and prepare funding proposals
- Collaborate on global research commissions, technical assistance projects and maintain relationships with donors and multilateral agencies
- Create a learning environment for in-house researchers and country partners
- Prepare financial and technical reports for donors
Research & Analysis (30%)
- Undertake research to build a repository of data and analysis for evidence-based policy
- Specifically, oversee and collaborate on nationally representative surveys in various African countries – questionnaire design, training, sampling, overseeing data gathering and fieldwork, developing ICT access and use indicators compliant with international/UN system, and undertaking analysis and modelling to identify points of policy intervention.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and analysis on selected issues.
- Oversee researchers on supply-side analysis of policy outcomes, specifically market, competition, financial and pricing analysis.
- Oversee curation of the supply (pricing) and demand (survey) side data portals.
Communication, networking and community building (20%)
Prepare research for:
- publication in peer-reviewed journals and conferences
- policy papers and policy briefs, blog posts to disseminate findings to diverse audiences at international/national levels.
- represent RIA at global policy, academic, ICT for development, conferences, and events.
Ph.D. (Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics) with minimum five years of research or survey experience OR more than 10 years of managerial, fieldwork, survey & data analysis experience.
Download Job specifications here.
SEND CV & MOTIVATION TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: info@researchICTafrica.net